Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. Phil 2:12-13
The spirit of stagnation is the force of retardation that makes the past of a person to be better than the present. This force of retardation creates stagnancy, wasted effort and delay in the accomplishment of life assignment. Many a times in our lives we feel as if we are not making any progress. As if our tribulations are written on stone. It’s important to identify the source of our retardation.
Support Rev. Fr. CK Evangelism via MPESA Paybill:
762 763 | Acc #: Support
12 Steps of Breaking Stagnation
- Denial of your suffering just makes it worse. Be honest and reasonable with yourself. Catch the problem early and be solution focused.
- Become a good student and a customer. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Expect good answers and results, once you put in the effort.
- If you can’t find the answer within 2-3 days, ask the experts. If the experts don’t give you a satisfactory answer, find a better expert. Move on, you are not married to him/her.
- Best experts help in a tangible way. The results delivered matter more than their titles, degrees or church association.
- Learn to go out of the box. Try different church, denomination, teacher, expert temple or religion to get a fresh perspective. Come back to your church, group with a relaxed mind and a better view.
- Spiritual journey is about waking up. As a result, blind followers don’t go too far. Keep you
mind awake and your heart vibrant with healthy emotions.
- People with old emotional issues have difficulty making progress. It’s important to resolve
your issues, otherwise they will constantly sabotage your journey. Read a book, take a class,
talk to qualified friends, experts or therapists. Presence of these problems has a stuck effect
on your progress. Nobody can make sustained progress without getting healed first.
- Find a high-quality teacher, mentor, guru. Spend quality time with him/her. Ask a lot of questions.
- The problems in your life reflect poor information in your mind or poor skills. Be open to renewing your mind. Learn new skills. You can only practice what you know. It is okay to make mistakes, but it is not okay to keep making same mistakes. Do not let you mind become rigid or perfectionist.
- Measure your progress constantly. Correct your actions/skill as you go along.
- Remember to enjoy your journey. Add colors, flower, humor and vibrant life all around you.
- Watch the indications of growth as you go forward in your journey. Compliment yourself on your progress and thank those who help you.
Remember that stagnation is opposite of action. Wishing you many wisdom guided actions that lead you to peace, love and joy that you seek!